- Mimolette is now just Mimo.
- Majestic Bar next to New Majestic Hotel might have closed --- can anyone verify this? Another one of my favourite places, argh! (Klee has closed and Handlebar at Gillman Village is on the chopping block.)
- The ATM Hall at Resorts World Sentosa doesn't let ATM users make deposits? (Unverified till I see the machines for myself.)
- Select Books has been around since 1976 --- woo!
- At the Long Bar at the Raffles, the Singapore Sling comes out of a drink dispenser --- just like bandung!
(For those of you not familiar with Singapore's fine casino establishments, Singaporeans and Permanent Residents have to pay a S$100 "casino levy" each time they want to step inside the casino. Even if I just want to have a look-see and don't carry any money with me.)
Guess I'll have to get to know some casino staff when I get home, or have a friend with a non-Singapore passport pop in and report back to me.
Labels: Singapore stories