- "Drooling over Food Porn: How to Write Deliciously", a panel with my old friend Cheryl Tan, Christopher Tan and inimitable Singapore chef Damian D'Silva (Sunday, 23 October, 3:30 pm, Seminar Room 2-1 at SMU).
- Meet the Author session with Frank Dikotter, the author of Mao's Great Famine (Sunday, 23 October, 5 pm, Transaction Pavilion on Campus Green, SMU).
- Book launch for O Thiam Chin's new short story collection, The Rest of Your Life and Everything That Comes With It (Monday, 24 October, 8:30 pm, Festival Pavilion on Campus Green, SMU).
- 10th anniversary party for the Quarterly Literary Review Singapore, where some fabulous Singapore writers like Stephanie Ye, the aforementioned O Thiam Chin and my fellow panellist Gilbert Koh will be reading their work (Tuesday, 25 October, 8:00 pm, the Glass Hall at the Singapore Art Museum).
- "Loti Gone Case in Wonderland", a panel on the relationship between words and images in graphic novels, with my friend Dave Chua, the incredible Sonny Liew, Troy Chin (whose Resident Tourist graphic novel series I've been reading) and Koh Hong Teng (Wednesday, 26 October, 3:30 pm, Transaction Pavilion on Campus Green at SMU).
- "Voyage: A Literary Journey Through Singapore's History", a "literary tour" of the National Museum of Singapore's History Gallery through the voices of Singapore writers such as Edwin Thumboo, Lee Tzu Pheng and Alvin Pang (tours run on the evenings of Thursday, 27 October or Saturday, 29 October, click on the link for details).
Oh, and don't forget to come to my events next weekend, if they tickle your fancy.
Other picks by other folks:
- "Singapore Writers Festival: 6 to See" from the Wall Street Journal's Scene Asia blog.
- "A Tongue-in-cheek Guide to the Singapore Writers Festival 2011" from August Man (via @genekhor).
- "The 5 Must Attend Shows at Singapore Writers Festival" from Fashtash (via Gwee on Facebook).