Things coming up that are not related to the Singapore Writers Festival:
- "50 Years of Television: An Exhibition", which I've been busy co-curating and which will open at the National Museum of Singapore in late November. We put out an open call for family photographs taken (intentionally or not) with the TV set --- there's still time to send in something if you have one.
- The deadline for the next draft of my novel to the National Arts Council.
- And the Singapore Biennale has already started, but part of the reason I was so busy in October, was that I was copyediting a ton of text for its publications.
- The launch of the inaugural Epigram Books Collection of Best New Singaporean Short Stories, tomorrow, Saturday, 2 November, 11:30 a.m., Festival Pavilion. My short story "Lighthouse" was selected for the collection, and a few of us will be talking about how we came to write these stories.
- The launch of the anthology From the Belly of the Cat, Sunday, 3 November, 11:30 a.m., Festival Pavilion. I have a new short story in this collection and I'll be at the launch, though I may not be reading.
- #WritersBar, most likely on the last day of the Festival, Sunday, 10 November. More info to come on Twitter, probably.