My Queenstown symposium
"A forum series on social memory and development"
2.00 p.m. - 4.30 p.m., Sunday, 26 May 2013 (that's tomorrow)
Queenstown Community Centre, 365 Commonwealth Avenue, Singapore 149732 [Google map]
- Guest of honour Sam Tan, mayor of Central Singapore, among various other titles
- Dr Ho Kong Chong, sociologist, National University of Singapore
- Dr Daniel Goh, sociologist, National University of Singapore
- Me, writer (my "About" page has more info)
- Dr Lai Chee Kien, architecture professor, National University of Singapore, and also a font of information about architecture and popular culture in Singapore and Malaysia (and also Malaya)
- Lam Chun See, heritage blogger extraordinaire and author at Good Morning Yesterday
- Dr Tan Kok Yang, author, From the Blue Windows: Recollections of Life in Queenstown, Singapore, in the 1960s and 1970s
- Kelvin Ang, director of conservation at the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Singapore (and also a very dear old friend)
Each of us gets only 15 minutes to speak, so we'll be short and snappy, plus there'll be time for Q&A. If you're interested in social memory, Singapore heritage and/or the lovely HDB estate that is/was/will be Queenstown --- come!
Labels: Singapore stories