In my own defence, I used to pour these same grounds down the sink at the old place, and never had any problems. But I guess old pipes with their convoluted twists and turns are more vulnerable. It only took one week to block up the sink.
While living for four days with no working kitchen sink was tolerable only because I spent so much time not-at-home, things took a dire turn yesterday when the stopper on the bathroom sink somehow got wedged into place, reducing drainage to a trickle and resisting all attempts to un-wedge it. Bah!
Anyway, all is well now and the important thing is that I will be able to resume making my own coffee tomorrow. Which is absolutely critical because Starbucks is really awful (and the [email protected] connection there wasn't working this morning) and the kopi at the nearby coffeeshops is meh at best.
PS: On the safe side, I'm going to also buy a plunger --- though I'm not sure that my inept self could use it very successfully.
Technorati Tags: plumbing, blocked pipes
Labels: Domestically challenged