1. Write a novel. Any novel. Even if it's chick lit and Stellou never speaks to me again.
Does starting several short stories and toying with the idea of interviewing my grandparents oral-history-style count? Baby steps, man, baby steps ...
Okay, perhaps I should have an intermediate goal, like complete one of those damn short stories by the end of the year.
2. Learn to speak another language.
I think this one will have to wait till I have more dough, or can trade lessons with someone who wants to learn English. If I could, though, I'd take refresher classes for French or start Japanese.
3. Keep a cat or dog. Iguanas need not apply.
Hey, accomplished! And it wasn't even planned that way.
4. Attempt another musical instrument (maybe the cello?).
See #2 above.
5. Bake a cake or brownies from scratch (i.e. not out of a Betty Crocker box).
This might have to wait till we get a real oven, which really isn't a high priority for us right now. Also, till I become accustomed to spending time in the kitchen again.
6. Live in a place that I can afford to furnish with enough bookshelves for all our books.
Heavens, no. Though we keep buying more books! Again, I sense that money will be an issue for this ... Unless I learn to build my own shelves, which doesn't seem likely given the fact that it's usually a struggle for me to assemble Ikea furniture.
7. Finish this damn meme already.
Well, that's done, but it really doesn't count.
I think I need some better life goals.